The other day I mentioned that we were looking to move in the post about what happened last time we had our house on the market. I had a request come in a few weeks ago for a guest post and I asked for help on de-cluttering my home. Our real estate agent hired a person to stage our house for us, but I know that’s not something I would have looked into if it wasn’t for our agent.
De-cluttering and preparing your home for home staging
If you’ve been looking to put your home on the market sometime soon, you would undoubtedly want the maximum sales price in the quickest time. Read along to know about some great ways to get the best possible price for your property.
What is home staging?
In order to get the highest possible price for your property, it is imperative to accentuate the best features of your home. You will also need to camouflage the undesirable aspects of your home. The act of preparing your home for sale in the real estate marketplace is referred as home staging.
Home staging is very important for your home. It helps in creating a good first impression for your home. In order to achieve the greatest possible outcome, your home must be presented at its best the first time around. Home staging need not be an expensive affair. You can follow some of the given ideas for getting the best price for your property without shelling a lot of money from your pocket:
De-Clutter your home
De-cluttering or simply cleaning up the junk can entirely change the perspective of your space. It is a critical step in the home-selling process. Remove furniture and accessories that overwhelm spaces in your home. Some tips to de-clutter your house are:
1. Get rid of clutter- Before you start organizing your home, it is important to get rid of unnecessary clutter. You can donate, sale, or dispose of these items.
2. Handle one at a time- It is best to handle one room at a time. This will help in making the de-cluttering more manageable. Consider creating a time-table for your de-cluttering and strictly follow it.
3. Appropriate storage and removal- You need to find appropriate storage for the room you are de-cluttering. It is best to be organized and label your storage containers properly. You can also hire services of removal and storage companies for best results.
4. Multipurpose furniture- When de-cluttering small spaces, you need to be able to store things you use and still have space for living. It is best to find furniture that can have multiple purposes. This will take less space and make your home look spacious.
Staging your home
De-cluttering your home in an organized manner can help in creating an illusion of a spacious home. Your home should start appearing as a spacious and well-maintained property. Some additional ideas to help you with home-staging are:
1. Re-position furniture: You can simply reposition your furniture in the right manner to make your home appear spacious.
2. Don’t forget your home exterior: Your home must always look good from outside. If your yard is un-mowed, and your garden unmaintained, you may not encounter many willing buyers. Most buyers look at the front of the house and then drive-by before calling the realtor. You can also consider painting your home for a more appealing appearance.
3. Choose a neutral palette: Potential buyers can easily envision their belongings fitting in a home decorated with neutral colors. It is a wise move to tone down the color palette for your home when readying your home for listings and showings.
4. Light up your house: Consider opening curtains and blinds to give your home a well-ventilated look. You must also turn on the lights of your home. A well-lit home will bring out the minute details of your home in the best light.
5. Soft music and great smell: Another good way to attract potential buyers to your property is to have your home sounding and smelling good. Burn aromatic candles or bake bread when cleaning your home. You can also play some soft music during the showing of your house.
It is essential to create a pleasant and attractive ambiance in your home during home staging. Let your buyers enjoy some privacy and allow them to examine the house to their heart’s content. This will increase the chances of getting a good amount of money for your property.
About the author: Rony Mikal is a blogger and freelance writer. He writes extensively on topics related to environmental issues, business, moving, removals and storage. Apart from writing, Rony takes keen interest in traveling and photography. He is an avid traveler and spends quality time with family and friends.