My Publix run 1/27 – saved 73%
I’d ask if you want to guess how much I spent on it, but I’d likely never remember to come back and post…so I thought I’d share now.
Haven’t had a publix run like this in a while. Haven’t had much time to stock up or go for a deal only run. If I hadn’t read an article my cousin Christie had posted about Fish oil recently this would be less, but I paid full price (gasp) for the little critters fish oil gummies ($5.99).
Store Coupons: $9.78
Manufacturer’s Coupons: $18.60
Advertised Specials: $28.61
Grand Total: $20.99
= $25.01 OOP (Out of pocket) and $56.99 saved (that’s 73%).
NOW before you get all jealous, you can do this too.
This week I stopped over at Hot Coupon World like normal. I just found a few “deals” which were too good to pass up on stuff we use.
1. Toaster Strudel – I posted about it in the one before this. I have 4 computers which I can print coupons from, so that made 8 coupons. At my store they were $1.15 each, so each box was $.15! THAT’S CHEAP for some nice clogged arteries. I must limit the kids and let these be treats, but they expire in June. With 4 people in the house I”m sure by June we should be about done with them and hopefully not with excess weight, you know….weekend food.
2. There is a green advantage buy flyer at the door every month. This mont there’s a save $5 on the purchase of 2 of certain items. Aleve is listed. So is Flintstones vitamins. I found a $1 coupon on each and they do manufacturer’s and store coupons together so I saved $7 off $10 there. A bottle of kid vitamins and aleve for $1.50 each I suppose if I look at it that way.
3. Craisins: They are $1.15 each now in my store too. There is a $1 coupon on the Ocean Spray juice. You do the math.
4. Solo plates – they are $2.50 for a pack now. I had a $1 coupon from the paper…(location found at Hot Coupon World).
5. Knorr Sides are $.64 each. Coupon for $.55 off 2 publix Q and manuf. Q for $.50 off 2. CHEAP.
6. Toilet Paper: Cottonelle had $1 off 12 pk in the little magazine that comes in the paper on Sundays. You know the one with celeb stuff and articles. Parade or something like that. It was manu and a circular had a publix one. 12 pk for $4.74
7. Prego’s on for $1 no Coupon needed. Impulse buy, not sure if there was a Q or not.
8. Beef hot dogs for $2. Even I will eat these hot dogs. That mystery meat kind, not so much. Planned to buy and *thinking* about dinner. It’s not quite summer though, wonder if the hubby would like it or think I’d lost my mind.
9. Last but not least Penny Item was coffee today. Got the Q from the newspaper in section “A”. They have changed the penny item to Wednesday only with $10 purchase. SO that changed my day to go.
Oh well, enough rambling for now.
I HAVE TO STUDY AND WRITE A PAPER. MUST tear myself away from my procrastinating techniques.